Sunday, December 2, 2012

Introduction

Welcome to my Analytical Research Project for Digital Democracy 2012 at Acadia University!  (Hereafter referred to as 'my project' for simplicity's sake.)  This blog is to chronicle the results of a survey I conducted of the students and teachers of my university in order to determine the perception of Hackers in the popular eye.

The blog will be focusing on dividing the general brand of 'Hacker' into more descriptive subgroups since a hacker can effectively be anyone who accesses protected digital information that they did not originally have a key to, be it files on a password protected computer or tampering with code that is not meant to be tampered with.  The posts that follow this one will each outline one of the subcultures I perceive in the hacker community from my survey and then I will conclude the blog with a video summarizing the results of my survey and then explaining how I believe the public perception should or should not change with regards to Hackers.

Oh and there will be a bit about anonymous as they are presently the hacker group with the greatest spot in the public eye right now. 

Have fun!  My survey can be found here.
 -Sasha Gomery

No comments:

Post a Comment